Peoria County RiskMAP Outreach Meeting
On behalf of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the Illinois State Water Survey (ISWS) held an Outreach Meeting on Tuesday, December 4, 2018 in Peoria, Illinois regarding the Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) for Peoria County. FEMA has provided funding to the ISWS to convert the FIRMs for unincorporated Peoria County and communities into a continuous, digital, countywide format with all communities mapped. This project has been funded as part of FEMA’s Risk Mapping Assessment and Planning (Risk MAP) program.
The Outreach Meeting was an opportunity for county and community officials to review the countywide mapping project goals. In addition to discussing the update of the Flood Insurance Rate Maps for the county, FEMA and ISWS staff also reviewed with community leaders the flood risk data that has been gathered to date, mitigation efforts, and community flood risk concerns.
- Outreach Meeting Agenda (PDF)
- Outreach Meeting Presentation (PDF)
- Interactive Map
- This interactive map allows Discovery comments to be entered directly into the Discovery database.
- There is an instructional video and FAQ/help page for using the interactive map.
- A password will have been provided with the Discovery meeting invitation; please contact email@example.com if you need access but did not receive a meeting invitation.
Mary Richardson firstname.lastname@example.org