Kishwaukee Watershed Discovery
As part of FEMA’s Flood Risk Mapping, Assessment and Planning (Risk MAP) program, the ISWS is working with communities across the Kishwaukee River Watershed to develop a more accurate understanding of flood risk. Information was exchanged between the ISWS and the communities within the watershed during Discovery meetings held November 7 & 8, 2018 to improve ISWS understanding of flood risk, mapping needs, mitigation planning, and communication needs.
- Interactive Map
- This interactive map allows Discovery comments to be entered directly into the Discovery database.
- There is an instructional video and FAQ/help page for using the interactive map.
- A password will have been provided with the Discovery meeting invitation; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need access but did not receive a meeting invitation.
- Discovery Map for Kishwuakee River Watershed (PDF)
- Discovery Map Data Layers
- Discovery Map Comment Form
- Discovery Meeting Agenda
- Discovery Meeting Presentations
- Links to Discovery-related Websites
- RiskMAP Data Request Form
- StoryMap regarding Recent Flooding
- StoryMap showing changes in Municipal Boundaries 1990 - 2018